Liz Broderick is Deputy Chair of the UN Working Group on discrimination against women and girls, at the UN Human Rights Council. On April 22 2020 the UN released a statement calling on all nations to ensure national and global policy responses to the COVID-19 pandemic protected the rights of women and girls. Here she speaks to Virginia Haussegger, Chief Editor of BroadAgenda, and Chair of the 50/50 by 2030 Foundation at the University of Canberra, Australia.
For more in our BroadAgenda ‘COVID-19 Impact on Women online series’ – click the titles below …
- ‘After COVID: a brave new world or ‘snap back’? (16 April), by Trish Bergin
- ‘Heading for a COVID workforce woman wreck’ (14 April), by Virginia Haussegger
- ‘Where are the women MP’s in the coronavirus crisis?’ (6 April), by Sonia Palmieri
- ‘Women are not babysitters for the economy’ (2 April), by Julie Smith
- ‘Leadership during crisis must be 50/50’ (26 Mar), by Kim Rubenstein and Trish Bergin
- ‘COVID-19 is not gender neutral’ (17 Mar), by Amy Haddad